Monday, September 7, 2015

My Top 5 Highest Viewed Posts (At This Time)

Hi everyone!

To kick off this 1-year anniversary, I wanted to show of my top 5 highly viewed posts. Well, highly viewed at this time, anyways. Figured I’d talk about them a little, tell you my feelings about them, and maybe say what I’d change about them. Without further delay, here are my top 5 highest viewed posts......at this time, at least.

5) Princess Knight Review (Currently at 17 views)

I’m surprised at this post, yet not surprised. I’m surprised that people knew about this show, but I’m not surprised that it didn’t get the views I was expecting. Compared to the titans like Astro Boy & Kimba The White Lion, Princess Knight is something of the 3rd point of the classic anime triangle. That said, I loved talking about this show. This is one of the most iconic kids anime from the 60s & 70s, and despite it’s more obscure nature, still has a lot of fans. It was absolutely perfect for the “Kids Month” I did a few months back, and judging by the 17 views it has, means some people know about it. If I was going to change anything, maybe I would have gone into it’s themes a little more. That said, I still say Princess Knight is a slam dunk of a Kids anime, and if you’re a parent, show this show to your kids right away!

4) Genericon 2015 Review (Currently at 19 views)

I’ve always been doing these convention reviews since the days of my old blog. I’ve been going to Genericon, and the subject matter of my number 2 spot, since 2009. Genericon is especially important to me, since it was the first convention I ever went to, and is a convention I suggest to anyone who is even remotely curious about it! I really wouldn’t change a thing about this post, apart from maybe going into the events I went to, as well as participated in. If you live in the Albany/Troy/Schenectady/Saratoga area, and you want to go to a convention on the cheap, you’ll find a great deal with Genericon.

3) In Memoram - Pete Steele (Currently at 20 views)

Nothing. I would change absolutely nothing about this one. This was a simple tribute to one of my favorite frontman of all time, and I really didn’t have to say much. Some simple words about how I discovered the band, how I was feeling, and a couple pictures of Pete Steele that I liked. Definitely the most simplistic post I’ve done this year.

2) Connecticon 2015 Review (Currently at 28 Views)

I really don’t have much to say about this, since I would basically be repeating just about everything from my description about my Genericon review. The only real difference between the two is distance, and expense. Apart from those two points, not is really going to be any different. Great convention regardless!

1) Kimba The White Lion Review (Currently at 31 Views)

Now, I wasn’t surprised by the views of this post! Of the big 3 of classic Kids anime, this is perhaps the most famous of all of them. It has stood the test of time, is remembered by the old-school generation, and new anime fans immediately fall in love with the cute visuals. The story has stood the test of time as well, mixing silly segments with matures themes. If I was to change something, maybe it would be to describe the characters a little more, but that’s about it. Kimba the White Lion: a Kids anime that should never be forgotten. Old & new school.....keep this show alive!

So these are my top 5 highest viewed posts. I hoped you liked this little ditty, and maybe it’ll convince you to take a look at these. See you next week for my top 10 games!

No comments:

Post a Comment