Thursday, May 24, 2018

In Memoram: Totalbiscuit

I’m ending Catchup Month part 2 early fellow Otaku & Metalheads.

There’s 2 reasons why. Number One: it’s a mix between laziness & what I got coming up this summer. I admit I wasn’t looking for many things to cover, and the things that I have covered were only done because they popped into my head almost immediately. Coupled with my annual upcoming metal event for the summer, and I had little to no time to think of anything else.

The second reason is a bit more tragic, and it hits close to home for gamers just about everywhere in the world. Earlier today, gaming critic & reviewer Totalbiscuit (Also know as The Cynical Brit, TotalHalibut, and his real name John Bain) died due to bowel cancer. First diagnosed back in 2014, it had gone into remission for a little bit, only for it to come back last year in brutal fashion as it spread to his liver & spine. Earlier this month, he stated that he was no longer going to review games, but would continue with video making (Podcasts with friends & gaming with his wife in hopes that she might take over the channel when he passes). Perhaps in a moment that makes things even more tragic, he posted up a podcast earlier today with youtubers Octopimp & Sinvicta. You can find it right below.

The Co-Optional Podcast Ep. 216 ft. Octopimp & Sinvicta [strong language] - May 24th, 2018

I confess that I’ve always been a casual fan of Totalbiscuit. I though he came across as off-putting at times & seemed a little too full of himself. That being said, I can’t deny that this guy had a way with words, and was talented at his craft. John, you beautiful English son of a bitch, I hope that God is asking for gaming tips. The rest of us will raise a glass in your name....at least the ones that drink.

I’m sorry to end this month in the way I’m doing it everybody, but nothing else in my head seemed to work. Luckily, in a week or two, things will be considerably less grim. Until then, keep gaming.


***
If you want a little more information about Totalbiscuit (Along with his death), check out the links below.

Totalbiscuit (Wikipedia)

Totalbiscuit (Kotaku)

No comments:

Post a Comment