Saturday, September 1, 2018

My Top Five Highest Viewed Posts (At This Time) No. 4

Happy 4-year anniversary fellow Otaku & Metalheads!

That’s right, 4 years ago this month I created this blog. A temple to cartoons from the land of the rising sun, as well as music that will shred you, this year’s anniversary will be a little different that previous ones. I got a personal 10 top list that I’ve been pondering over for a long time, some catchup reviews to make up for earlier this year, and today’s post showing off some of the currently highest viewed posts on the site. I confess that we got a returning post taking the no. 1 spot, but every other spot on here is something new. With that out of the way, here are my top 5 highest viewed posts at this time, number 4. Let’s begin!

5) Convention Review - Genericon 31 (Currently at 137 views)

This was really the sleeper hit of the conventions I went to this year. Despite getting a day cut out due to bad weather, Genericon 2018 was surprisingly fun. The convention schedule was shot to hell, and some of the panels & events from Friday were either placed in extreme time spots, or cancelled completely. My part 2 panel in my series was super early in the morning on Sunday, and it was one that I was looking forward to hosting (Part 1 in 2017 was a packed house). Despite that disappointment, Genericon 2018 was fun to go to, and I respect what the school had to do in regards to the weather (Fingers crossed this doesn’t happen for 2019's con).

4) Album Review - Type-O Negative’s Dead Again (Currently at 208 views)

And here we come to a morbidly named album. I was quite surprised that my review for the band’s final record got as many views as it did. In hindsight, I shouldn’t have been surprised it got viewed by so many people: releasing it on it’s 10-year anniversary, the album was a reluctantly good way for Type-O Negative to end their career. Pete Steele finally got clean, returned to the Roman Catholic faith he abandoned long ago, and slew many of his old demons. It was a tragedy when he died in 2010, but the legacy he & the rest of the band left behind is one that has not been forgotten.

3) Metal Overview - Turmion Kätilöt (Currently at 212 views)

Far & away the oldest article on this list (I put it out in early July of 2015), I’m shocked that it has as many views as it does. Considering that Turmion Kätilöt are a band that are fairly unknown in the United States (Apart from the few fans), you’d think that it wouldn’t get looked at much. Low & behold, it’s received a healthy amount of views, and I’m pleasantly surprised. A great alternative to more mainstream Industrial Metal artists, if you’re even remotely interested give the article a read. Maybe you might like them!

2) Convention Review: Connecticon 2018 (Currently at 419 views)

And here we get to perhaps the more predictable part of the list. If you’ve been reading my blog for a long time, you’ll know what’s coming at number one. Before we get to my no. 1, let’s talk about the 2nd most viewed post on the site. Despite getting released just this past July (A few days after the con itself), I’m surprised it got as many views as it did. I also like to admit I’ve been a little more critical of Connecticon since 2016, but I’ve never lost sight of how much fun it can be. I think a lot of fans of the convention feel the same way, which is probably why this got as many views as it did. Speaking of which.....

1) Convention Review: Connecticon 2017 (Currently at 560 views)

You all shouldn’t have been surprised by this. I had put it at the no. 1 spot on my list of highly viewed posts from last year, and it came back this year. In 2017 it had 537 views, and since then it got 23 more. I was definitely not surprised by how this got so many people to read it: coming a year after Connecticon 2016, when many of the newer issues cropped it, it probably seemed refreshing that somebody was pointing out what said issues were. For others, they probably came to the article because they liked the fun aspects. No other article I posted has managed to even remotely get close to the views of this review (Apart from the 2018 review), and I have a feeling that nothing ever will.

And this concludes the highest views posts on my blog, version 4. Definitely an interesting list to be sure, but one that I had fun making. I’ll see you all soon, when I’ll put up a top 10 list of my favorite manga of all time. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment