Monday, May 24, 2021

5 Metal Compilations I Love

Hello fellow Otaku & Metalheads.

Originally I had intended this last post in the 3rd compilation month to be a final review, but I admit that a wave of laziness hit me, and thus I’ve decided to do something a bit easier to finish things off. With three versions of this mini-festival under my belt, I’ve looked at a variety of compilations. From 2017 to this year, I’ve listened to quite a few collections of metal, and thus there are plenty of them I enjoy. So, for your viewing pleasure, here are 5 metal compilations that I love. Enjoy!

1) Ozzy Osbourne: The Ozzman Cometh (Song)

I begin this list with the first metal album I got. By today’s standards it’s heavily outdated, but compared to most of the other compilations on here it is the most organized. From his Black Sabbath days to the Ozzmosis era, you’re treated to a fairly good look at the Blizzard of Ozz’s career. There have been a few more compilations since with increasing material, but it was the Ozzman Cometh were I began to love Ozzy, and to further continue my budding metallic journey.

2) Megadeth: Back To The Start (Song)

The irony of this one is that it is still the only Megadeth album I physically own. I was just so happy to own this when I got it way back in 2006, that I never truly considered getting a proper record from the band (Despite being interested to this very day). On top of that, Mustaine’s seemingly increasing ego in the early 2010s made it frustrating to get into Megadeth any further, so there’s that. Regardless, I still get a kick out of Back To The Start! It may be dated like the album above, but the choices of songs on here are well picked, and the overall package is just fun. Grab this compilation if you can!

3) Kreator: Scenarios Of Violence (Song) ***

I just reviewed this at the start of the month, so I won’t say much here. I will say that there were some nice songs selected for Scenarios Of Violence, and off of some great albums no less: Extreme Aggression, Coma Of Souls, Renewal, etc. A good group of tunes from Kreator......but there is another.

4) Kreator: Voices Of Transgression - A 90s Retrospective (Song)

Scenarios Of Violence was fun, but Voices Of Transgression is a blast! The first compilation I got from Kreator, I found it’s view of the band’s 90s period to be interesting. Not perfect though, as the band was having issues with their record company at the time, and couldn’t include certain things. There was nothing from Coma Of Souls, and only the title track from Renewal was on the record. Voices Of Transgression is definitely a lop-sided affair, and some listeners may be turned off by it’s incomplete look at that decade, but at the same time what you’re presented with on this release is still entertaining!

5) Type-O Negative: The Least Worst Of (Song)

If I was ordering this from 5 to 1, This definitely was going to be at the number one spot. Mostly because I have such a strong love for the band, but also because it’s like a 2nd look into Pete Steele’s state of mind in 2000. You’ve got a mix of songs from almost every single record they had released up to that point (Save for just a single tune from Slow, Deep, and Hard), but it’s the three unreleased tracks from World Coming Down that give the compilation something of a tragic edge. It’s this mix of attitudes that gives The Least Worst Of a unique feel to the total package, and it’s that mix that keeps me paying attention.

And those were 5 metal compilations that I happen to love. Again this list was done out of pure laziness, but I hope that you enjoyed this all the same. Well, June is nearly here, and a new music festival is incoming. So pack your bags & get your passport, cause we’re heading to Japan for this one!



***
If you’d like to see my review I mentioned here, then click on the link below for more:

Album Review: Kreator’s Scenarios Of Violence






No comments:

Post a Comment