Friday, March 3, 2023

Food For Thought/Thought For Food No. 28b: Thought There Was Hope

So, remember when I said I’d put out an update if new info on Pikamee appeared? Well, there has been new stuff that’s come to light.....just not the kind anyone wanted to hear.

Just over a day ago on the 1st of March, 2023, Pikamee re-emerged after receiving copious amount of harassment over EXPRESSING INTEREST in playing Hogwarts Legacy. I want to repeat that.......EXPRESSING INTEREST! She stated in her must recent video (I'll have a link below) that on the 31st of March (In Japan Time), she will be permanently retiring/graduating from her Vtuber activities, and from the internet itself it seems. Pikamee stated that she will be removing all of her content off of her Youtube page once the 31st comes around (Twitch material I think is also getting removed), but it’ll still be up beforehand, so download any of it if you can!

I admit when I watched Silvervale tell off the Bullshit Justice Warriors, I was grinning from end to end, and I was hoping that the rest of the Vtubers targets by these senseless attacks would raise their middle fingers in unison. Sadly this is not the case, and one of the kindest & sweetest vtubers has been thoroughly silenced by these nimrods. I can’t even remotely begin to feel what Pikamee is going through & feeling right now: for a very long time she had to deal with a lot of bullying, thanks to being Japanese & American living in Japan. Once she got into Vtubing, all of that bullying seemed to go away, and in fact was able to connect with two different audiences because of her heritage! Her cute & gentle vibes were always welcoming, and her streams were always entertaining. Even when she collabed with other vtubers, she brought an energy that was just infectious! For example.....

Pikamee Causes Chaos In My Kitchen (Onigiri)


So to see this innocent Tea Kettle get bullied away from the thing she loves is sad. To see all of these fake activists take victory laps is pathetic. To see ACTUAL Trans activists & Trans causes get completely dumped on because of the fakes that have been doing nothing but doxxing, harassing, and sending death threats to Vtubers instead of actually taking time & energy out of their pathetic lives to actually promote and participate in Trans causes shows how they don’t actively contribute anything & are just a waste of space. With Pikamee leaving the thing she loves, this will just ignite the Bullshit Justice Warrior base even more. Lord only knows who they’re going to go after next.

My final thoughts? It’s only going to get worse from here. This was a victory for the Bullshit Justice Warriors, and it’s only going to get worse as the year goes on.

So, yeah, I said I was going to do an update when new info came out.....it’s just a shame it was something not pleasant. Hopefully, I don’t have to do another one of these, as that will probably be just mindless ranting. In any case, I can now work on some special Green related posts, so join me next time when the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day returns. See you then!


***
Pikamee’s graduation announcement:

Arigatou! (Pikamee)

Shylily continuing to be a voice of reason:

Lily Talks About Pikamee Graduating (Shylily)

Even Biden, Trump, and Obama showed love for Pikamee:

Trump, Obama and Biden react to Pikamee graduation...

No comments:

Post a Comment