Friday, September 1, 2023

Top 5 Lowest Viewed Posts (No. 2)

Happy 9 year anniversary fellow Otaku & Metalheads!

It hard to believe that it’s been almost a decade since I started up this little corner of the internet for myself. Hard to believe that I’ve been releasing content for 9 years at this point in my life. While I admit that my content hasn’t always been consistent in terms of quality or release time, I’d like to say that I tend to stick to a plan as much as possible. Regardless, to welcome 9 years of this blog, I decided to adventure back into the realm of my lowest viewed posts, and this year was a little strange. When I did this list the first time, I was able to find reviews & other releases with relative ease, but not so much this year. This time around, I was only able to find articles & such from only the most recent years I’ve been putting stuff out, so expect to see things from this year, 2022, and maybe a hint of 2021. In any case, here are my top 5 lowest viewed posts.....number 2!

5) 5 Albums From The 90s You Should Own (2022)(Currently at 10 Views)
Considering all of the 90s nostalgia that’s been going on in recent memory, I was a little surprise that this didn’t get more views than it did. All of the records on this list were 90s staples upon their release, and even today they still have a lot of name recognition & people listening to them. Maybe it’s because they’ve been around for so long, music listeners knew their staying power, and as such this only got 10 views at the time of me making this list. Either way, the spirit of the last great decade will never fade!

4) Album Review: Megadeth's Capitol Punishment - The Megadeth Years (2021)(Currently at 9 Views)

For starters, I do want to make one apology on this list. Because I was looking at all of last year’s top 5 albums (Apart from the 2 I save for November), I didn’t do a Compilation Month this year. Sure, it’s a little bit difficult finding metal compilations that stand out from the rest, but I always enjoy talking about special collections of metallic songs that just have.....something to them. Megadeth have a few compilations to their name, but Megadeth's Capitol Punishment - The Megadeth Years is possibly their most iconic. I say possibly because it’s got a bit of a reputation, if Metal Archives is anything to go by. There are issues with this compilation, especially when it comes to the odd ordering of the tracks, and with only 9 views, it seems like it probably won’t get a tone of people looking at it.

3) Album Review: Kontrust's Time To Tango (2023)(Currently at 5 Views)

To play Devil’s Advocate, Kontrust isn’t quite as well known here in the states as they are in their native Europe. They certain have a presence here to be sure, but it’s more than likely in the “Cult” status. It’s ironic, since the band is putting out a new album this year after almost a decade of not doing so. Still, given that the band isn’t as well known in America as they are across the Atlantic, I’m not surprised that this review from a few weeks ago hasn’t got a lot of views. Speaking of Devil’s Advocate.....

2) Metal Overview: Anthem (Part 1)(2023)(Currently at 4 Views)
Another band that sadly only has cult status outside their native country (But one that at least had a brief foothold in the United States in the late 1980s), the Judas Priest of Japan has finally gained some real international acknowledgment in recent years thanks to being signed by Nuclear Blast Records, and earlier this year they released a new record! I took a look at these guys back in February, and while part 2 & 3 only had a slimmer increase in views, it’s part 1 that got the least. It’s a bit of a surprise, since their releases in the 80s to early 90s are some of the best out of their entire library. If you happen to read this, then perhaps you might go over to check part 1 out!

1) Album Review - Devin Townsend's Epicloud (10 Years Later)(2022)(Currently at 3 Views)

Now this one......this one surprised me.

Devin Townsend has been a mainstay in the real of Heavy Metal since the early 1990s when he first sang for Steve Vai, in the decades since he has become one of the biggest names in modern day Progressive Metal. It has been about over a decade since I was finally pulled into his weird world, and it’s all thanks to Epicloud. For almost 11 years (The 18th of September is when this record gets a year older) fans of HevyDevy have continued to hold this release as one of his best releases he’s ever done. So colored me surprised when I was looking through previous posts, and come to find out that this one only got 3 views. 3! Maybe it’s because Lucky Animals became a musical earworm that absolutely reviews to leave some people, but it’s insane to me that one of Devin’s most iconic records hasn’t gotten that many view on her. Hopefully, and I mean hopefully, any of you who read this list take a look at that review. Also.....

Lucky Animals

Love Tonight

So those were 5 more of my lowest viewed posts. Some of these surprised me, and others didn’t surprise me at all. In any case, I hope that you might take a look at these posts, and see if you can raise their numbers up. In any case, September will march on, so see you all around this month for a bunch of goodies. Take care!





***
If you’d like to see what the lowest viewed posts were last year, click on the link below:

Top 5 Lowest Viewed Posts




No comments:

Post a Comment