Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 2015!!!!!

Happy 2015 fellow Otaku & Metal Heads!

2014 was a brutal year not just for me & my family, but I bet for most of us as well. We’ve had the loss of family & friends & celebrities we’ve loved, the end of Saturday morning cartoons, movies that should have stayed in a cave, and continuous political blunders that further ruin our already damaged country. With this new year upon up, we’ve all been given a completely fresh start in our lives, and hopefully the tragedies of the recent past will not come back to scar us.

With a new year comes some new things for myself, as well as the Heavy Metal Otaku blog. I’m going to be driving myself harder to find a job, maybe lose a pound or two, and possibly trying to think a little more positively than I normally do. I’ve also got some new plans for this little portion of the internet, and they are as follows:

1) Reviews of individual episodes from anime series. This will allow me to pump out additional content, but not sacrifice quality in the process, and make it easier for me during possible dry periods.
2) A subsection of Heavy Metal reviews called “Obscurus Metalus”. These reviews will take a look at: A) Releases from bands that don’t have much presence in the US, or B) Releases from well known bands that have been phased out from popularity. This will add a little more variety to the music content that I put up here, and hopefully make this blog a little more unique.
3) Inspired by Youtube user Razorfist’s video series “Metal/Music Mythos”, I’ll be doing my own series on the discography of metal bands. I don’t have a name for this series yet, but I will have one by the time I get my first one complete.

On top of that, I’ll be introducing a new section to my reviews: Other. I won’t be doing this all the time, but more on a case-by-case basis when I feel it’s necessary. It’ll be completely random as to what will be in the “Other” section, so there’s bound to be surprises!

Hopefully, these new plans will get you excited, and keep you coming back to see what gets put up here! I’ll see you in a few days, when I’ll begin the year with the first of many Obscurus Metalus reviews, and man I’ve got a obscure album coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment