Thursday, November 12, 2015

In Memoram: Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor

I know I put up my 2nd November review earlier this week, but after hearing about this, I simply had to talk about it.

On November 12th, 2015, Phil Taylor, known more infamously as Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor, the former drummer of the iconic Motörhead, passed away at the age of 61 due to illness. Truthfully, I didn't even know the man was sick until I was watching a CoverKillerNation video (Good music channel) about it. I'll fully admit I'm more of a recent newcomer to this legendary band, having really gotten into them since late last year due to Razorfist's (Another good music channel) Metal Mythos video on the band. Despite being a new comer to this band, Phil's death has affected me greatly. While certainly not as attention-grabbing as Lemmy, Phil's drumming was spectacular, paving the way for Thrash Metal & Speed Metal to come to the fore due to his unique double-bass drumwork. Without thus remarkable style of playing, Heavy Metal would sound far too different in this day & age.

Speaking of playing, here's some track where I think this metallic monster shines. Take a moment to listen to these, and enjoy the memories!

Overkill

Bomber

Ace Of Spades

Iron Fist  

One Track Mind

Rock 'N' Roll  

I'm So Bad, Baby I Don't Care

Phil, I've never met you in person, but through your music I've come to consider you a Heavy Metal brother-in-arms. Your skill, not to mention your wild man hair, shall not be forgotten by me, nor shall it not be forgotten by the fans you earned. Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor, I salute you!

No comments:

Post a Comment