Monday, December 28, 2015

In Memoram: Ian Fraiser "Lemmy" Killmister

I know it's a little early before the new year, but this just came to my attention, and I can't ignore it.

On December 28, 2015, Ian Fraiser Killmister, better known as "Lemmy" Killmister, the guitarist & lead vocalist of Motörhead, passed away at the age of 70 due to an aggressive form of cancer. I'm legitimately at a loss of words ladies & gentlemen: last month we lost Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor, and now we've lost Lemmy. I find myself fortunate that I asked for Bad Magic, their most recent album, for Christmas. I haven't listen to it yet, but after finding this out......It's getting a listen to.

As a more recent fan of this band, Lemmy's death has hit me pretty hard. While I've known about the band for a long time, it wasn't until I watched Razorfist's "Metal Mythos" video on the band late last year that my appreciation for the band truly grew. If you're interested, check out the link below.

Metal Mythos: Motorhead (Updated)

I truly can't think of anything else to say......other than this: Ian Fraiser "Lemmy" Killmister, if God lets you into Heaven, be sure to kick a little ass!



***
Some more details about his passing.

Death Details

No comments:

Post a Comment