Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Special Announcement: Summer of Thrash

Hello, fellow Otaku & Metalheads, and welcome........to the summer of Thrash!!!!!!

From the month of June, all the way to August, I’ll be devoting time to one of the must iconic sub-genres of Heavy Metal. Since it’s arrival in the early 80s, Thrash Metal has gained a Genghis Khan sized horde of fans, and even in this modern time still has plenty of devoted followers (Including yours truly). Influenced by the speed of Punk & bands that would form the bedrock of Metal, Thrash is a genre that’s fast, catchy, and most definitely heavy!

So, for this most metallic of celebrations here on the Heavy Metal Otaku blog, this will be a little different. To spoil things a little, June will be devoted to the earliest days of Thrash Metal, when it was just an oddball among a new genre of music. Back on topic: for each month during this celebration, I’ll be doing two album reviews for each part, and they’ll both be focused on a particular Thrash theme. I’ve still got my standard reviews & such I’ll put out during this time, but because of the nature of this special event, I’m really going to limit myself so I can concentrate more on the theme in question. As such, I’m only got to put about 1 normal review up each month, although June will have two special posts up. In fact, the first of these special posts will be up tomorrow, and it’ll be celebrating my number 1 game of 2015 (Hint Hint). In the meantime, put on your leather coats & ragged jeans, cause for three months, this blog will be thrashing like never before. See you next week, when we’ll look at a Thrash release from one of the most iconic founders of the genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment