Thursday, September 1, 2022

Top 5 Lowest Viewed Posts

Happy 8 Years fellow Otaku & Metalheads!

2022 marks 8 years since I started this blog, and as goofy as this will sound, but that fact makes me feel old. 8 years of making posts on Heavy Metal, Anime, and a variety of other things. In prior years, I listed the 5 most viewed posts at that time. This year, I’m going in the exact opposite direction. For 2022, I want to show off some of my posts that.....maybe don’t have the biggest amount of views. For every review I made that got a large amount of views, there are way more that had just a sprinkle of people that looked at them. So, I thought it would be a fun twist this year, so let’s take a look at 5 of my lowest viewed posts. Let’s begin!

(Quick note: All of the posts here must have up to a max of 10 views, and I labeled the years from which each post came from so you can look them up later)

5) Album Review: Kreator’s Scenarios Of Violence (Currently at 10 views)(2021)

And here is the threshold by which I came up with this list, and from my 3rd look at metal compilations no less! Looked at considerably less than the first time I examined a Kreator compilation (That honor goes to Voices Of Transgression, which currently sits at 89 views as I type this), it’s weird to me that it has a perfect count of only 10 views. My biggest guess as to why it hasn’t been looked at much is perhaps because the previously mentioned compilation is possibly more well-known than Scenarios Of Violence, and perhaps has a better selection of tracks to listen to. Whatever the case, if you are curious in anyway, I suggest that you read my review on it. There may be something you like!

4) Album Review: Ozzy Osbourne’s Ordinary Man (Currently at 9 views)(2021)

Ordinary Man certainly left people divided back in late February of 2020. While for a lot of music critics it was a darling of a release, fans were the ones that were more mixed on it. Like I said in my review, I loved it as if it was an 8 out of 10, but to be truthful it’s more along the lines of a 6 to 6.5. I think it’s this divisive nature that ultimately let to my look at it not getting many views, which is a shame since Ordinary Man isn’t a bad album! Flawed for sure, but not the hideous abomination some individuals consider it to be. At the time some thought it was going to be his last release, but the Blizzard Of Ozz has something coming out soon, so maybe it’s a good time to revisit Ordinary Man?

3) Metal Overview: Paradise Lost (Part 3) (Currently at 7 views)(2020)
This one kinda surprised me. Part 1 at the time of me typing this has 18 views, and part 2 has 9. It is a shame that Paradise Lost’s most modern material didn’t get looked at much on my site. Despite the flaws on some of the records, the boys from Halifax did a great job pumping out albums from 2012 to 2020. Obsidian from 2020 in particular is easily the best album from this time, despite being the darkest release they’ve ever done. Again, it still surprises me that part 3 of my look at the band had the lowest amount of looks, but given the darker substance of some of the material, I might understand why in that regard.

2) The Top 5 Anime I’m Looking Forward To (Currently at 5 views)(2015)
To be perfectly honest, this was kind of a bullshit post anyways. To add to the honesty, I don’t think I watched a single show in this list that I made (Apart from maybe paying casual attention to 1 or 2 of them). I thought it was a good idea at the time to talk about what shows I was interested in, but ultimately I never followed through.

1) Album Review: Judas Priest’s Ram It Down (Currently at 3 views)(2022)

And we end this list on a fairly recent review. I made this back in May, and I realized in hindsight that Gay Pride month is in June, not the one before it. However, what baffles me is how little viewers have read this one. In a sense I’m not surprised, given the reputation Ram It Down has. While not 100% flawed, it came out right after Turbo, and most of us know the nature of that album. I suspect that some of the listeners of that record assumed that Ram It Down would end up being another Turbo, and while I think they’re wrong in that regard, I at least understand why they think that.

And these were my top 5 lowest viewed posts. Again, this was a super weird list to make, but it was a strangely fun one at the same time. However, the weirdness doesn’t stop here! Join me next week, when I’ll show off some of the albums I like that are......*Gasp*.......not Metal! See you then!




No comments:

Post a Comment