Friday, January 6, 2023

Food For Thought/Thought For Food No. 27: January 6th (2 Years Later)

What a difference a year makes.

It’s now been 2 year since the disastrous events of January 6, 2021. 2 years since an aspiring despot tried to illegally keep power in this country after losing his presidential position, and 2 years since a rightful new leader took his place as President of the United States (A few days after technically). In the time since Biden took office, a special House committee was formed to investigate the actions of Donald Trump & those that worked alongside him, and determine whether or not he & his conspirators deliberately tried to thwart a legal election just to keep his position of power. I admit when I did my post about this day last year, I may have jumped the gun a little. The January 6th committee was only around a little under a year at that point (Someone correct me if I’m wrong), and didn’t quite have the info. Now that it’s 2023, so much more has come out from the proceedings.....and it’s scary.

What’s come out about that day has been more terrifying than any horror novel. Most disturbing than a horror movie or horror anime, and more spine-chilling than any horror themed metal album that’s ever been crafted. I think we all knew how corrupt the Trump administration run was, but I don’t think many of us knew how deep it all went. You know it’s awful when even the Secret Service was tainted by the Trump years: not notifying Democrat members of congress until it was too convenient on January 6th, protecting their own with perhaps too much zeal, and seemingly catering to Trump’s whims in a way that’s obviously wrong. That’s just the tip of this oily iceberg, and to explain any further would cause me to drink until my liver started screaming at me.  

So, I say this knowing how hyper liberal it is going to sound, but with all of this information coming out, it just confirms what so many of us already knew for some time.....that the Republican Party.....is the party of evil. Having long since abandoned the virtues of country & true conservatism, they are now the party of baseless conspiracies, racism, sexism, religious & political fanaticism, starving the common folk so they needlessly have more, denying & attacking science and the COVID vaccines to placate the fanatics, and actively encouraging violence against those who are not like them. Not only that, but they cater to the very psychopaths that attacked the heart of this nation, and all because an orange toddler was whining about not being president anymore. All because a bloated orangutang wasn’t in the spotlight anymore, and wanted to keep playing with a toy that he broke a little longer. Now thankfully, this isn’t completely the case anymore. There are still fanatics among the party & the rank-and-file followers, but after the brutal losses in November & December last year, their evil isn’t so strong anymore. So many donors & supporters have left the Republican & MAGA cult, and even FOX News is taking pot shots at Trump now (Do you know how much you have to screw up in order for FOX to take digs at you?)! Everything that the Trump years did hurt actual Republicans. Hurt actual Conservatives, and hurt actual people on the Right. This 10% of the party/political allegiance are the ones who still walk the walk & talk the talk, and haven’t caved in to the Cult of Trump. This 10% still give me hope that one day the Republican Party & the Post Christians will be cleansed of evil & corruption, but give how it’s only gotten worse as time has gone on, it’s just a pipe dream to me at this point.  

Now, am I saying that my side of the fence is clean? That the Democrats are the paragons of virtue? Fuck No! If you’ve seen some of my past few political rants, you know I’ve thrown my fair share of mud at the Left in recent years. As far as a party is concerned, they haven’t been truly left since the years before the Clinton era. In the time since, they’ve left the Liberal path, and are now seemingly stuck right in the middle. In the process, most of those who call themselves Leftists have gone so far to the Far Left, the few normal people seem like mutations at this point. However, I would rather deal with someone on the left (Far or Normal) than anyone who dared to say that I wasn’t patriotic or Christian enough. I would rather deal with Bullshit Justice Warriors (The exact opposite of actual Social Justice Warriors), than deal with someone that dared to say I was less American than them. Again, my side has blood on it’s hands most definitely, but at least the Democratic Party tries to act like they give a shit. At least Liberals & the Left are attempting to change things into something better (Or casting the Illusion of something better). At least my side isn’t actively trying to kill people with their hyper fixation on a man that would toss you to the side if it would save him a penny. Trump has shows his truly colors since his popularity unfortunately began decades ago, but because he perfectly & flawlessly catered to the lowest-common denominator, it will cause problems for decades. We’ve been able to heal from the Bush years for the most part, but Trump? We all have scars because of him, and I don’t think they’re ever going to go away.

And that was what I had to say about today. Perhaps I’m a bit more disappointed this time around than last, but at this point nothing surprises me about the entire Trump debacle. Nothing surprises me about the corruption he & his administration brought in, nor at how deep it goes. We will be fighting the aftermath for decades, and I don’t think we’re ever gonna heal right. So, with that being said, this January won’t go political like in 2022, but I got a review coming next week sometime that’ll be in the ballpark at the very least. Take care until then!  



***
If you’d like to see my thoughts from last year around this time, then click on the link below:

Food For Thought/Thought For Food No. 23: January 6th (1 Year Later)

Also Trump, it’s your fault that the political party you tainted is tearing itself apart right now. As entertaining as it is to see, it’s also a sign that things will get worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment