Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Food For Thought/Thought For Food No. 16: I've Got A Confession....

Hey fellow Otaku & Metalheads. Got a bit of a personal post today, but don't worry. There's no politics, no philosophical connections with monster girls, etc. Hell, I don't think I'm going to be swearing, apart from a scant few words. To be honest, this was a post I wasn't sure I wanted to do. I'm revealing something pretty big in this, and I've been scared to do this every since the beginning of the month. However, I decided that perhaps some honesty was needed, and that this post was necessary.....so here goes.

I've been doing blog posts for quite a while now. My original site (Click here) has been up since May of 2011, and I stopped running it in 2014. I did create a Deadliest Warrior tribute blog (Click here), but I haven't done anything with it in ages. This blog, the Heavy Metal Otaku, may very well be the most consistent piece of the internet I've run. I've had this place up since August of 2014, and I've stayed with this ship for a little over 5 years at this point. Though I loved creating content for the previously mentioned sites, it's this one that I enjoy it the most. Heavy Metal Otaku may not get anywhere near as many views & comments, but I like the fact that I'm considerable more focused here that anywhere else. I've enjoyed posting up as much content as I have, and I've enjoyed entertaining any of you who like my work. However, I've got a confession to make.

I half-ass reviews sometimes! I don't hide the fact that there are times where I call upon the memory of a show rather that watch. I sometimes listen to certain songs off of an album rather than listen to the whole thing. Hell, when I make my lists I sometimes just throw things on to see if it sticks rather than given time to think about it! At times, I do this purely out of laziness. There are days that I want to make content, but I don't want to put that much work into it. Whether I'm sick, tired, or something else, there are times where I'll be lazy. Other times, I'll half-ass something because I'm rushing. Whether it's because of scheduling mishaps, or because I'm trying to get something out quicker than normal, I'll half-ass it.

NO MORE! I want this blog to me better than it is.......great even! From now on, I'm going to take things a bit more slowly. From now on, I'm going to sink my teeth into the anime & metal albums I review, rather than just nibble at them. From now on, you will see better made, better analyzed, and higher quality reviews & lists (Alongside other posts.....even Food For Thought/Though For Food). I love this blog, and even though I don't have as many viewers here as opposed to the other places where I made, I appreciate any of you who look at my stuff. I want to keep as many of you as I can, and I will do the best I can with the content I make!

That felt good. Glad I was being honest with all of you, and I hope I'm forgiven in someway. In any case, October isn't that far away, and I got something spooky to spring on all of you! See you soon!



***
Not sure why I picked MTG artwork for this post. It seemed interesting to me I guess. If you're interested, click on the link below to see the card in question.

Magus of the Future (Future Sight)

No comments:

Post a Comment