Friday, April 3, 2020

Pete Steele Month (A Tribute)

Hi fellow Otaku & Metalheads.

It seems that life & fate are odd creatures. The coronavirus is still running rampant, politicians proving how incompetent they are, companies still proving that the dollar is still their bottom line, and overall getting cabin fever. However, I’m still doing the best I can to keep my spirits high....ironic, give what this month entails.

As many of you can probably guess by the title of this post, this April marks the decade anniversary that Type-O Negative frontman Peter Steele left this Earth for Heavy Metal Heaven. It was shocking for all fans of the band, and for metalheads in general. Despite only being a fan for under 4 years at that point, there’s been a hole that was punched into my heart that’s never quite properly healed. I was still getting into metal, and the discovery of these Gothic Metal masters was one of the most important discoveries during my still continuing journey. All these years later, I still feel some sorrow whenever I listen to a song or two.

So, as to alleviate some of the emotional pain I’m feeling, I’m dedicating April to Pete Steele & his memory. I know I said that Compilation Month was happening again, but I feel that this takes precedent. So for all of April I’m devoting the posts in question to the green giant & the musical legacy he left behind. I don’t have any of them typed up yet, so below is a quick way to access them. Just pin this post to your favorites, and access it when the posts in question come out (I'll let you know when they come out in each post).

How I Found Type-O Negative: A Story (Link)
My Type-O Negative Album Ranking (Link)
My Favorite Type-O Negative Songs Per Album (Link)

In any case, let’s not be too down & out this month. Let us celebrate the life of one of Gothic Metal’s most iconic stars, and let us celebrate the fact that we’re still alive. Despite rampant disease, the sun still shines down on us all. See you all the 14th for the first article, when I’ll tell you the story about how I discovered the Drab Four. Until then, keep your blood in check.

No comments:

Post a Comment